Sharing a TeamNot a PI Client? Request a Demo
PI Design lets you share access to a Team with other people in your organization, even if they don’t currently have a PI account.
How sharing works
Sharing with a PI user
When you share a Team with an existing PI user, they will receive an email notification with a link to log in. That link will take them directly to the Team you shared.
Note: You can only share a Team with users whose access levels are at or below your own.
Sharing with a non-PI user
When you share a Team with a person who doesn’t use PI, they will receive an email notification inviting them to create a PI account. Once their account is created, they can then log in to see the shared Team.
By default, they will be designated a Limited user, meaning they can only view and edit the Team(s) that has been shared with them.
How to share a Team
- Log in to the PI software.
- Select Design from the top navigation bar.
- From the Design home screen, select the ellipses button () on the right-hand side of the appropriate Team.
- A panel will appear titled “Share [Team Name].”
- Enter the email address of the people you’d like to invite to the Team.
- Select the desired permission you’d like to grant: “View” or “Edit.”
- Click Share.
Note: To grant another person edit access, you must have edit access to the Team yourself. Otherwise, anything you share will default to view-only access.
How to remove a person’s access to a Team
- Follow steps 1 through 4 from the section above.
- Select the cross () on the right-hand side of the person whose access you’d like to remove.
You can only remove a person’s access if you are the original creator of the Team, a person with edit access to the Team, or an Admin.
Note: Only Limited users can have their access revoked from a Team. To remove a Full or Admin user’s access, you must first change their access level.
To inform us of a typo or other error, click here. To request a new feature, click here.