Sharing in PI HireNot a PI Client? Request a Demo
PI Hire users can share access to Jobs with other existing users, as well as those not yet in the software.
To respect privacy, there are limitations. A user can only share Jobs with users whose access levels are at or below their own.
Here’s a primer on default access levels for Sharing:
- Admins can view AND edit all Jobs by default (no one can change that).
- Full Users can view all Jobs, but only edit those they’ve created.
- Limited Users can only create and edit their own Jobs.
Sharing allows for greater collaboration between hiring managers, whoever initially creates a Job, and their hiring team.
How to share a Job
- Click ‘Share’ in the panel display to view all existing users with access to the Job.
- Enter the email address of the user(s) or non-user(s) to grant them Edit or View access.
Existing users will receive an email notification with a link to log in. That link will take them directly to the Job shared.
New users will get an email notification to create an account. Once the account is created, they can then log in to see the shared Job.
Users who aren’t yet part of Hire get limited access by default.
Permissions and exceptions
- Users must have Edit permission in order to give Edit permission. The 3 types of users who can give Edit permission are:
- the creator (owner) of the Job
- all PI Hire admins
- users with Edit permission
- Users with View permission can only give View permission.
- Users with Edit permission can give Edit or View permission.
This means that any user with Edit permission can upgrade a Limited or Full user from View to Edit permission for this particular Job.
Removing access to a shared Job
All PI Hire and company admins—as well as the original creator of the Job—can remove access to the shared Job from a Limited user.
Admin and Full users cannot be removed from share access. However, Full users can be upgraded to “edit,” and could be downgraded to View by either an admin or the creator of the Job.
To inform us of a typo or other error, click here. To request a new feature, click here.